abstracts c. 200 words submitted through our conference website at: http://inatra.eu/Submission--and--Registration.php
conference website: http://inatra.eu
date: 27-28 March 2014
place: Bydgoszcz, Poland
organiser: Kazimierz Wielki University
pre-conference workshop on corpus linguistics tools used in translation: 26 March 2014.
THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL FEE DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS OF PARTNER ASSOCIATIONS (EST, ESIST, TEPIS, SES)!
The leitmotif of the conference in 2014 is Audiovisual Translation. Papers are welcome both in AVT and other aspects of translation.
The aim of the conference is to present issues explored in translation studies, in particular in audiovisual translation (dubbing, subtitling, voice over, etc.) from a number of theoretical and empirical perspectives. The conference themes will revolve around, but will not be limited to, the following issues:
- CAT tools
- corpus linguistics in translation
- multimodality in translation and AVT
- cognitive linguistics in translation
- pragmatic aspects of (translation of compliments, taboo words, greetings and leavetakings, phatics, im/politeness, discourse markers, humour, etc.)
- discursive approaches in AVT
- psycholinguistic approaches to AVT
- eye-tracking in AVT
- culture- and language-specific issues in translation and AVT
- transferring literature onto the screen
- didactics of AVT
- subtitler training
- functional and communicative approaches to AVT
- translation norms in AVT
- qualitative and quantitative methods in AVT
- qualitative and quantitative methods in translation
- statistical methods in translation and AVT analysis
- accessibility to the media (audio description, subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing, audio subtitling), etc.
The language of the conference is English.