The successful previous editions of the Fun for All: International Conference on Translation and Accessibility in Video Games and Virtual Worlds, held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in 2010 and 2012, became a meeting point for academic and professionals working in the game industry and the game localisation industry, as well as students interested in this field. The third edition of the conference, Fun for All: Serious Business Video Games and Virtual Worlds Translation, Accessibility and Educational Design, aims to continue fostering the interdisciplinary debate in these fields, consolidate them as academic areas of research and contribute to the development of best practices.
The conference will cover the following topics. Proposals about related topics are also welcome:
- Game localisation process
- Standardisation and quality issues
- Development and use of specialised tools
- Cultural adaptation in games
- Creativity in games
- Humour in games
- Dubbing and subtitling for games
- Localization of online, mobile phone and tablet games, social games
- Video game fan translation
- Role of translation in virtual worlds V
- Video games and Translation Studies
- Game localisation best practices
- Game accessibility best practices
- Game audio design
- Design for all
- Educational game design
- Video games and foreign language teaching
- Video games/Virtual Worlds as educational resources
By means of papers, workshops, roundtables and poster presentations on the featured topics, we hope to foster new perspectives, reflecting and anticipating scientific research in these fields in all its complexity and contributing to the development of best practices in game localization and accessibility.
Abstract proposals and deadlines
Date of notification regarding acceptance of abstracts: 20th December 2013.
The abstracts should attached as a WORD document, with the format: authorname.doc