- Translation Environment Tools
- Translation Project Management
- Terminology Management
- Translation-oriented Corpus Engineering
- Machine Translation and Post-Editing MT
- Translation and Terminology for EU Institutions: Resources and Strategies
Target participants and programme:
Advanced students of Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Communication and related disciplines.
An international team of lecturers from leading European universities, translation enterprises and public institutions will share their knowledge from a wide range of topics. Hands-on training with licensed software will provide participants with essential state-of-the-art technological skills needed for professional Language Service Providers.
The programme consists of 8-10 hour modules, each module dedicated to a particular topic and divided between several days.
The TransTech Summer School 2013 will be tutored by an international team of lecturers:
- Nancy Matis, Nancy Matis SPRL, Brussels, Belgium
- Alina Secara, University of Leeds, UK
- Dragos Ciobanu, University of Leeds, UK
- Oliver Čulo, University of Mainz, Germany
- Špela Vintar, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Darja Erbič, Government Office for Development and European Affairs, Slovenia
- Darja Fišer, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Registration and important dates:
EUR 450 early bird (until 31 May 2013) / EUR 270 without accommodation
EUR 520 late registration (from 1 June to 1 September 2013) / EUR 440 without accommodation
Registration fee includes: lectures and workshops, 7 days accommodation, lunches, refreshments,
walking guided tour of Rijeka, welcome party. Registration via TransTech13 website.
TransTech13 will be held at the brand new campus of the University of Rijeka, called Trsat. Rijeka is a historical harbour city at the Adriatic Sea and an excellent starting point for excursions to Croatian
islands and Istrian mainland.