Download attachment: Nomination form for IATIS Executive Committee 2021
Nominations and Voting Procedure for IATIS
The governing body of IATIS is an elected Executive Council comprising:
- The President;
- The Two Vice-Presidents;
- Twelve to fifteen additional Council Members.
The Executive Council will be elected for a four-year term by a ballot of individual members.
In the case of the resignation of a member before the end of his/her term, the Executive Council may appoint a replacement member for the remainder of the term.
Members of the Executive Council cannot serve for more than two consecutive terms. Existing EC members who are eligible to run for a second term are obliged to seek re-election in the same way as any other candidate.
Committee Chairs are appointed by the President, assisted by the Executive Council for a period of four years and are not required to run for election. The position of Committee Chairs on the Executive Council is ‘ex-officio’. Committee Chairs will inform the President, the Vice Presidents and the Chair of the Executive Council once every year about the work of the committee. Chairs may be reappointed by the President for additional terms, subject to majority approval by the Executive Council. If Chairs fail to fulfil their role adequately, they may be unappointed and replaced.
- Nominees must be members of IATIS prior to nomination. Membership status of all nominees shall be confirmed by the IATIS Membership Committee;
- A nominee must have a first and second proposer, both of whom must be members of IATIS at the time of nomination. The nominee must give consent before s/he is proposed. The first proposer is responsible for submitting the nomination. Both proposers must supply their contact information on the nomination form. The IATIS Nominations Committee will contact both proposers to confirm their status as first and second proposer. The IATIS Nominations Committee will contact the nominee to confirm his/her status as a nominee;
- A nominee may propose him/herself, but will require two agreed proposers who must give consent to be named as such;
- Nominations must be made on the formal nomination form (available from the IATIS web site);
- A nominee may run for only one office in any one election. The office for which the nominee is running must be specified on the nomination form;
- Nominations must be submitted to the e-mail address specified on the formal nominations form. Nominations submitted in any other way will be invalid;
- Nominations must be submitted by the exact closing date. Late nominations will be invalid;
- Once a nomination is accepted, nominees will be asked to fill out a candidate form (available from the IATIS website). In this form, the candidate will outline why s/he should be elected to the position, what his/her experience is etc, and this information will be posted on the IATIS website so members can familiarise themselves with the candidates. Candidates will be requested to submit a photograph with this form. Candidates must submit this form by a specific deadline (to be communicated in the announcement), otherwise their nomination will become invalid;
- At least 30 days’ notice will be given to the membership of the deadline for the receipt of nominations. This notice will be communicated via the website and via e-mail to the Members’ list;
- In the event that no nominations are received for a specific position during the 30 days’ notice, the Executive Council will be informed. If no candidate is secured 15 days prior to the election, the Executive Council will either (a) actively seek a candidate or (b) leave the position vacant until such a time as a candidate can be found;
- The list of candidates must be confirmed by the Membership Committee and approved by the Executive Council. Once approved, the campaign information submitted by the nominee via the candidate form will be posted to the IATIS website;
- IATIS members will be informed of the election deadline at least 30 days prior to the deadline. This information will be communicated by the Chair of the Nominations Committee via e-mail to the Members’ list;
- No member of the IATIS Nominations Committee is eligible for nomination to the Executive Council.
- Voting will be carried out electronically. Members will receive a log-in to the voting site via e-mail;
- Voting is restricted to those who are members of IATIS when the call for nominations is issued;
- For each position on the Executive Council every IATIS member will have one vote. For example, there are two Vice-President positions and each member will have one vote for each VP position;
- Candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall be deemed elected to the position;
- If there is only one candidate for a post, the outgoing members of the Executive Council must endorse the election of that nominee by a simple majority.