The Department of Applied Linguistics / Translation and Interpreting in the Faculty of Arts has the following part-time (80%) vacancy:
Senior academic staff in the field of Translation Studies
You will contribute to the University of Antwerp’s three core tasks: education (40%), research (40%) and services (20%). Your role will also include organisational and managerial aspects.
- You will provide high-quality education in the field of communication and translation studies and audiovisual translation.
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes. Initially, the courses you will teach include :
- Audiovisual communication (3BA, 3 credits)
- Translation technology (1055FLWTTA, 3BA, 3 credits)
- Skills Lab (1180FLWTTA, 3BA, 3 credits)
- Translator’s Toolbox (2051FLWVER, MA, 6 credits, partim)
- Video Game Localisation (2079FLWVER, MA, 6 credits, partim)
- You will play a role in developing activating, student-centred and competence-driven programme components and study programmes.
- You will supervise students and their Bachelor and Master dissertations.
Deadline for applications: March 29 2021
For more information, click here