The post of Lecturer in Spanish will be to support the delivery of modules in both Spanish language and Spanish and Latin American culture, literature, history or society. Language teaching will range from beginners’ classes to final year Advanced classes, including translation into and out of Spanish. The successful candidate will have native or near native expertise in written and oral Spanish language and English language. Ability to contribute to teaching on the MA in Translation Studies would be an advantage. There may be the opportunity of offering your own research-led module from the second year of the post.
For a Lecturer post you will:
- Possess sufficient breadth or depth of specialist and core knowledge in the discipline, demonstrated by a PhD (or nearing completion) or equivalent in Spanish to develop teaching programmes, and teach and support learning;
- Use a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students;
- Participate in and develop external networks, for example, to contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work, generate income, obtain consultancy projects, or build relationships for future activities;
- Will have evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review and have made an impact at discipline programme level beyond their own teaching;
- Be expected to work towards Fellow of the HEA status and to attend formal CPD relating to this.
Deadline for applications: 25 May 2023
For more information, click here