The department Survey Design & Methodology (SDM) is both nationally and internationally recognized for its expertise in survey methodology, gained over many years by conducting own research as well as consulting on and implementing renowned survey projects.
The European Social Survey (ESS) is an academically driven cross-national survey that has been conducted across Europe regarding long-term changes in attitude and behaviour of Europe’s population. The advertised position is part of the third-party funded project European Social Survey (ESS ERIC) in the field of questionnaire translation.
Your tasks will be:
- Further development and enhancement of the translation tool “TranslationCTRL”, used in the ESS, in collaboration with programmers; supporting the national ESS translation teams using this tool
- Collaboration in the various ongoing tasks of the ESS Workpackage “Questionnaire Translation”; this includes, amongst others, drafting guidance and training material, providing consultancy on translatability of source questionnaires based on specific language families, as well as preparation and follow-up on international meetings
- University degree (Master or corresponding level) in Translation, Linguistics or another relevant field
- Familiarity with Computer-Aided Translation Tools. Good knowledge of Machine Translation and Post-Editing is an advantage
- Practical experience in translation and especially translation of questionnaires is an advantage
- Very good command of spoken and written English (C1 or higher) as well as at least one additional European language
- Interest in working in an interdisciplinary research environment
Deadline for applications: 20 Feb 2022
For more information, click here