You will contribute to the University of Antwerp’s three core tasks: education (40%), research (40%) and services (20%). Your role will also include organisational and managerial aspects.
- You will provide high-quality education in the field of communication and translation studies and audiovisual translation.
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes. Initially, the courses you will teach include :
- Audiovisual communication (3BA, 3 credits)
- Translation technology (1055FLWTTA, 3BA, 3 credits)
- Skills Lab (1180FLWTTA, 3BA, 3 credits)
- Translator’s Toolbox (2051FLWVER, MA, 6 credits, partim)
- Video Game Localisation (2079FLWVER, MA, 6 credits, partim)
- You will play a role in developing activating, student-centred and competence-driven programme components and study programmes.
- You will supervise students and their Bachelor and Master dissertations.
- You will advance high-quality scientific research in the domain of language and translation technology, with a focus on audiovisual communication and translation.
- You will initiate new lines of research and coordinate the progress of scientific research projects. You will also participate in ongoing research programmes.
- Your research fits the profile and vision of the TricS research group; the valorisation of your research is connected with the Expertisecentrum Toegankelijke Media en Cultuur OPEN.
- You will acquire and manage national and international research funding.
- You will publish in international journals and specialist literature.
- You will develop an international scientific network.
- You will supervise PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- You will play a role in the provision of both academic services and service to society, within the institution and externally. You will participate in student recruitment, boards and committees, popular science communication, and so on.
Organisation and leadership
- You will accept coordinating responsibilities in the areas of education, research and/or services and you will contribute to policy.
- Your leadership style will be motivating and coaching. You will be attentive to your employees’ growth and development processes.
Deadline for applications: 29 March 2021
For more information, click here