The University of Nizwa is the second top university in the Sultanate of Oman and the first among the private universities in research. It is a non-profit academic institution, governed by its faculty. It aims to broadly educate students and equip them with values, knowledge and life skills needed to enrich their lives and enable them to meaningfully contribute to the progress of society.
Position: Assistant Professor in English Translation Studies (English-Arabic, Arabic-English).
Applicants should be able to begin work in Fall 2020 academic semester at the beginning of September 2020.
- PhD in the field of specialization (Bachelor and Master's degrees should be in the same field of general specialization from a recognized university).
- Ideally 2-5 years teaching experience in a recognized University/College.
- Good research record; research publications in peer reviewed journals (according to rank).
- Experience in supervising MA theses.
- Administrative and leadership experience in academic settings would be preferred.
- Expertise in curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional partnership/linkages, academic advising, strategic and operational planning, quality management and organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Potential to establish an active research program involving undergraduate and Master's-level students.
- Knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and E-learning.
- Willingness to contribute to the academic development of the department.
Deadline for submissions: 30 April 2020
For more information, click here