The Faculty of Foreign Language Studies at Kansai University is seeking applicants for the following tenured position.
Rank: Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, or Professor (one position, tenured)
Starting Date: April 1, 2018
Field: Interpreting Studies, Interpreter Education or related field
(Prefer skills in both English-Japanese and Japanese-English. Additional languages are desirable.)
Teaching Duties: General English language courses for students of other faculties, English major language courses and content courses (including immersion courses) offered by the Faculty of Foreign Language Studies; and (in the future) graduate courses in the Graduate School of Foreign Language Education and Research
The successful applicant will have:
1. A Ph.D. (including Ph.D. candidates who will complete their dissertation before April 1, 2018) or M.A. in Interpreting Studies or Interpreter Education or a related field
2. Experience in interpreting and teaching interpreter training courses at university (including part-time positions), or equivalent experience.
(Note: Interpreting experiences for both English-Japanese and Japanese-English and additional languages, if applicable, should be described in the document of “a list of publications and interpreting experiences".)
3. Academic research achievements and publications in Interpreting Studies or a related field.
4. The ability to write questions for entrance examinations
5. The ability to coordinate the curriculum for general English courses
6. The ability to manage international exchange and study-abroad programs
7. A high level of enthusiasm toward fulfilling his/her official school duties
8. A functional level of ability in Japanese for non-native speakers of Japanese that will allow him/her to partake fully in any assigned administrative duties. An advanced level of ability in English for non-native speakers of English
9. Experience of studying abroad is desirable.
Closing date: 22/08/2017
For full details, visit https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/seek/SeekJorDetail?fn=3&dt=1&id=D117060824&ln_jor=1