On 5 July 2019, the conference ‘Translation Technology in Education – Facilitator or Risk?’ was held at the University of Nottingham.
This event brought together an exciting range of international scholarship that covers topics including:
- abilities of automated translation applications
- professional market expectations and practices
- implications for language teaching and learning and translator training
- views of students and academics on the use of automated translation for studying and coursework production
- curriculum and assessment design
- policy making
A large number of the conference presentations were filmed and the videos are now available for viewing: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/conference/fac-arts/clas/translation-technology-in-education–facilitator-or-risk/index.aspx
We hope you find this collection of talks stimulating and thought provoking.