Closing date: Open until filled
- Teach a range of core and optional modules on various areas of audiovisual translation.
- Provide regular feedback on non-assessed tasks and set and mark assessment tasks.
- Supervise and mark MA student dissertations and projects in addition to supervising or co-supervising PhD students.
- Keep abreast of and adopt current teaching methodologies and the latest audiovisual translation technologies to ensure students are taught in the best possible manner.
- Participate in activities designed to promote the MA program and the Institute.
- Conduct research on translation and/or interpreting and publish regularly in high quality regional and international outlets.
- Completed PhD in Audiovisual Translation
- Appropriate educational background in Translation Studies
- Record of, and strong commitment to, research and publication
- Knowledge of the latest audiovisual translation technologies, methods and techniques.
- Experience in teaching postgraduate courses in Audiovisual Translation
- Capacity to develop postgraduate courses that will contribute to the MA in Audiovisual Translation
- The capacity to design and deliver a course on theoretical and research issues in Audiovisual Translation
- Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages is preferred (Arabic, French, Spanish, etc.).
- Commitment to collegiality.
- The ability to offer Audiovisual Translation training in Arabic, French or Spanish, in combination with English
For a full job description and to submit an application, go to: http://www.tii.qa/careers/postgraduate_program_openings