The Translation and Interpreting Institute of Hamad bin Khalifa University in Doha, Qatar, is currently searching for an Associate Professor of Audiovisual Translation.
Reports to: Director of Postgraduate Studies and Research
Closing date: Open until filled
This post offers an excellent career opening for a specialist in Audiovisual Translation within the broad development of the Translation & Interpreting Institute. The successful candidate will ideally have good professional experience and contact with the audiovisual translation industry, and will be committed to research, with a completed doctorate and a strong or developing record of publications. S/he will contribute to the development of the range of teaching and supervision, including in due course PhD supervision, through imaginatively conceived MA courses.
The candidate will be expected to take a keen interest in teaching, to be able to deliver theoretical as well as practical training, and to facilitate student learning in real and virtual environments, applying a range of methodologies for teaching and assessment. S/he should be committed to project-based teaching and learning and the integration of professional practice into classroom activities, encouraging students to analyze and reflect on their translation practice.
Knowledge, Expertise & Skills:
- Completed PhD in Audiovisual Translation
- Appropriate educational background in Translation Studies
- Record of, and strong commitment to, research and publication
- Knowledge of the latest audiovisual translation technologies, methods and techniques.
- Experience in teaching postgraduate courses in Audiovisual Translation
- Capacity to develop postgraduate courses that will contribute to the MA in Audiovisual Translation
- The capacity to design and deliver a course on theoretical and research issues in Audiovisual Translation
- Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages is preferred (Arabic, French, Spanish, etc.).
- Commitment to collegiality.
- The ability to offer Audiovisual Translation training in Arabic, French or Spanish, in combination with English
For Appointment at the Associate Level
All above criteria, plus the following:
- Evidence of sustained output of high quality research publications
- Evidence of an emerging international reputation in the field
- Record of attracting research funds, where appropriate and feasible, and of participating in significant research projects
- Ability to contribute to a wide range of leadership tasks at a strategic level
- Experience of line management and staff development
For a full job description and to submit an application, go to: http://www.tii.qa/careers/postgraduate_program_openings