Closing date: Open until filled
- Teach a range of core and optional modules on various areas of translation technologies and/or interpreting.
- Provide regular feedback on non-assessed tasks and set and mark assessment tasks.
- Supervise and mark MA student dissertations and projects in addition to supervising or co-supervising PhD students.
- Keep abreast of and adopt current teaching methodologies, and the latest translation technologies to ensure students are taught in the best possible manner.
- Participate in activities designed to promote the MA program and the Institute.
- Conduct research on translation and/or interpreting and publish regularly in high quality regional and international outlets.
- A completed PhD in Translation Technologies or a related discipline.
- Substantial experience of training translators and/or interpreters, preferably at postgraduate level.
- A record of, and strong commitment to teaching and research.
- The capacity to develop and deliver postgraduate modules in the area of translation and/or interpreting.
- The ability to provide language-specific translation support in a range of specializations and/or in interpreting.
- The ability to supervise postgraduate students in Translation Studies.
- A record of, and strong commitment to, research and publication.
- The capacity to offer PhD supervision.
- Familiarity with generic and specialist IT applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages is preferred (Arabic, French, Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
- Commitment to collegiality.
For a full job description and to submit an application, go to: http://www.tii.qa/careers/postgraduate_program_openings