Closing date: Open until filled
- Undertake a range of teaching and assessment activities of language specific translation classes for the MA programs in Translation Studies; to be able to deliver practical training in Audiovisual Translation, and to facilitate student learning in real and virtual environments, applying a range of methodologies for teaching and assessment, as instructed by the Program Coordinator.
- Provide regular feedback in language specific classes on non-assessed translation tasks
- Set and mark assessment tasks.
- Supervise and mark MA student dissertations and projects where these involve practical translation into or out of Arabic/English, French or other specified languages.
- Keep abreast of and adopt current teaching methodologies and the latest language learning technologies, to cultivate best practice and to ensure students are taught in the best possible manner.
- A completed MA in Translation Studies, or a related discipline
- Experience as an Audiovisual translator and in teaching postgraduate courses in Audiovisual Translation
- The capacity to develop postgraduate courses that will contribute to the MA in Audiovisual Translation
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic
- A commitment to collegiality
- The ability to offer Audiovisual Translation training in additional languages, preferably French and/or Spanish
For a full description and to submit an application, go to: http://www.tii.qa/careers/postgraduate_program_openings