- Undertake a range of teaching and assessment activities of language specific translation classes for the MA programs in Translation Studies, Conference Interpreting and Audio-Visual Translation.
- Provide regular feedback in language specific classes on non-assessed translation tasks
- Set and mark assessment tasks.
- Supervise and mark MA student dissertations and projects where these involve practical translation into or out of Arabic/English, French or other specified languages.
- Keep abreast of and adopt current teaching methodologies and the latest language learning technologies, to cultivate best practice and to ensure students are taught in the best possible manner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master with at least 3 years’ experience in Translation
- The capacity to offer language-specific classes to postgraduate students of translation
- Substantial experience of teaching English/Arabic and Arabic/English translation.
- A record of a strong commitment to teaching.
- The capacity to develop and deliver translation classes at different levels.
- Familiarity with generic and specialist IT applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic; fluency in other languages is preferred (French, Spanish, Chinese, etc.)
- A commitment to collegiality.
For a full description and to submit an application, go to: http://www.tii.qa/careers/postgraduate_program_openings.