Lecturer in Translation Studies
Grade 7 £31,798 - £35,788 per annum Ref: 000875
The School of Modern Languages and Cultures is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Translation Studies commencing in early 2012. Outstanding achievement and/or potential as a researcher and ability and willingness to contribute to the School's teaching in Translation Studies are essential. A key requirement of the post will be to lead the new MSc in Translation Studies. The successful candidate will also be required to undertake undergraduate teaching as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have :
• A good first degree in a modern foreign language
• A PhD or equivalent in an area relevant to Translation Studies
• Substantial and measurable research experience in Translation Studies
• A publication record in the field of Translation Studies commensurate with experience
• Experience of teaching/tutoring in Translation Studies
Apply online at www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: 2 December 2011.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.