The candidate should have a PhD and (the equivalent of) the "habilitation à diriger des recherches" or should already hold a Professor position. The successful candidate must be authorized to work legally in France by Sept. 1, 2012, the start date of these positions.
TEACHING & RESEARCH
The candidate appointed will be expected to teach at the graduate and undergraduate level in the Applied Languages Department (LEA) and he/she will integrate the research group STL (http://stl.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/).
The vacant positions will be officially announced in February or March 2012 in the "Journal Officiel de la République Française". They will also be published on the Lille 3 web site. In principle (in accordance with recent changes in the regulations), it is possible to apply directly to the University that is opening positions, provided the candidate holds a comparable position. However, it is strongly recommended, also for PR positions, to apply for a ‘qualification’ by the "Conseil National des Universités" (CNU). The ‘liste de qualification’ is essentially a shortlist of candidates considered to be eligible for vacant positions.
In order to get qualified, it is necessary to register on the official site of the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche before *October 27 (16h, Parisian time)*, stating your intention to apply for a qualification at the desired level (PR). Candidates applying for the professorship in English should ask for a qualification in the 11th section (”Langue, littérature et civilisation des pays anglo-saxons”) and candidates applying for the professorship in German should ask for a qualification in the 12th section (”Langues et littératures germaniques et scandinaves”). The submission of the actual application file, both electronically and on paper, will be the second stage in the process.
- creation of login on the Galaxy platform https://www.galaxie.enseignementsup-recherche.gouv.fr/ensup/candidats.html, right click on "accès Galaxie/qualification"
- registration for qualification (needed for the designation of reviewers by the CNU) (deadline *October 27, 2011; 16h, Parisian time*)
- publication (on Galaxy platform) of the names & addresses of the designated reviewers (*November 25, 2011*)
- full submission of an electronic file and hard copies to be sent to the two reviewers (one for each): deadline *December 16, 2011; 00:00 (midnight) Paris time*)
In sum, for all PR positions in France, the application usually proceeds in two steps:
- the candidate goes through a qualification procedure at the national level (deadlines October 27, 2011 and December 16, 2011)
- the candidate has to apply at the University level early 2012
For information about the University of Lille 3: http://www.univ-lille3.fr/fr/
For information about LEA (Langues Etrangères Appliquées/Applied Languages Department) http://www.univ-lille3.fr/fr/ufr-lea/
For information about the Master’s in CAT and PM in LEA: http://www.univ-lille3.fr/fr/etudes/formations/cursus-master/masters-arts-lettres-langues/master-traduction-specialisee-multilingue/
For information about the "qualification", Professor/MCF status and salary, go to the webpage of the French Ministry of Education: