The conference Legal Translation & Interpreting on the move is the closing event of the 2022-2023 edition of the 1st-Level Master programme in Legal Translation offered by the Department of Legal, Language, Interpreting and Translation Studies of the University of Trieste.
The conference is also part of the events organised on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the foundation of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (SSLMIT) as well as the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the University of Trieste.
The conference aims to contribute to the discussion on the key role of legal translators and interpreters in a wide variety of areas, providing a forum in which academics and practitioners can benefit from the exchange of ideas based on research projects as well as professional experiences.
With a view to exploring the new opportunities and threats related to the fast-paced technological advancement and the rapidly changing professional landscape, in terms of both job profiles and market developments, the conference intends to encourage reflection on the various themes listed below and will address issues including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Law, language, translation & interpreting and Artificial Intelligence
- Legal/community/court interpreting
- Training the legal translators and interpreters of the future
- Legal translation & interpreting competence: research and practice
- Legal institutional translation & interpreting
- Emerging demands and professional profiles
- Law, literature and translation
- Law on the screen: legal translation & audiovisual translation
- Legal translation, clear writing and language simplification
- Legal translation and transcreation
- Legal translation and legal design
- Legal translation & interpreting and crisis/risk communication
- Legal translation & interpreting and migration
- Legal translation & interpreting and human rights
- Ideology in legal translation & interpreting research and practice
- Gender, law, translation & interpreting
Deadline for abstracts: 30 November 2023
For more information, click here.