JRHE, the Journal of Research in Higher Education published by Babeș-Bolyai University, the QUALITAS Centre, invites submissions for the forthcoming special issue on the research, pedagogy and practice of translation and interpretation, due out in September 2022. JRHE is a peer-reviewed, open access journal http://jrehe.reviste.ubbcluj.ro/, that seeks to address and factor in the major challenges educators, researchers, trainers and trainers of trainers in the field are faced with in these accelerated global times.
As well as the changing professional communication patterns and policies manifesting themselves at this juncture in pandemic times, the volume sets out to engage the transformative forces impacting these academic subjects and the global language industry in the age of digital literacies and remote teaching. Fostering transdisciplinarity and multilingualism at the highest professional level in the language industry par excellence, the Department of Applied Modern Languages at BBU – a pioneering department in the country, marking its 30th anniversary in Higher Education in Romania– commissions state-of-the art contributions that cover the terrain of translation and interpretation studies.
Submission topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced technology applications in the pedagogies of CI and TS;
- Multimodality in T & I (audiovisuality, video-gaming, subtitling et al);
- Remote interpreting, I&T teaching and re-speaking;
- The cultural and ‘geo’ turn in translation studies;
- Posthumanities and translation and interpretation practice;
- Translation and interpretation and their territorial politics/policies
Deadline for abstracts: 30 June 2022
For more information, click here