The AALITRA Review is an peer-reviewed online journal published by The Australian Association for Literary Translation (AALITRA), which was launched in March 2010. The editor is Lintao Qi.
The AALITRA Review aims to publish high quality material concerned with literary translation, as well as translations of literary texts from other languages into English, or vice versa. It hopes to foster a community of literary translators and to be a forum for lively debate concerning issues related to the translation of literary texts.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- scholarly articles on aspects of literary translation (both fictional and non-fictional, practical and theoretical)
- interviews with established translators or Translation Studies scholars on aspects of their work
- book reviews of major Translation Studies publications
- book reviews of literary translations into English, or of Australian writing into other languages
- original translations into English of literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
- original translations of Australian literary texts into LOTE accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
Deadline for submissions: 30 April 2021
For more information, click here