IJSCL favors contributions with a sound theoretical base and visible practical applications that can be used by specialists in anthropology, sociology, linguistics, education, intercultural studies, and policy making. Authors from all languages and cultures are invited to submit their research and review articles to the IJSCL journal.
Editors invite papers on the following topics for the first issue:
- Language in localization/globalization;
- Cultures across languages;
- Social intervention, language, and multimedia;
- Intercultural communication in an asymmetrical world;
- Gender and norms in intercultural studies;
- Sociological approaches in interpreting and translation studies;
- Critical look at the relationship between language and culture.
The journal publishes work in the categories described below.
a. Research Papers: These may be qualitative or quantitative, empirical or theoretical in nature and can discuss completed research findings or work in progress.
b. Case Studies: Case studies are welcomed illustrating interrelatedness of society, culture and language in practice.
c. Viewpoints: View points are less academically rigorous articles usually in areas of controversy which will fuel some interesting debate.
d. Conference Reports and Book Reviews: Conference reports or book reviews that can contribute to the advancement of the scope of the journal are encouraged to be submitted for publication. Journal Homepage: http://ijscl.net/
Director-in-Charge, Dr. Mohammad Reza Hashemi, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Reza Pishghadam, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
Managing Editor, Dr. Masood Khoshsaligheh, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran