Media for All 5 - call for papers
Media for All 5
Audiovisual Translation: Expanding Borders
25-27 September 2013
Palace Hotel, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Organised by the TransMedia Research Group, the Zagreb University, and the Croatian Association of Audiovisual Translators, this conference aims to map the current status of AVT profession, research, production, distribution, and consumer needs. One of the conference aims is to attract scholars and professionals from countries which have so far kept a low profile in the AVT arena, alongside those from countries in which AVT practice and research have a long tradition. By exploring the complexity and the ways in which research input, technology, user needs and the business aspects of AVT intertwine, the conference will address the many questions raised by the rapid expansion of audiovisual communication and will elicit new ways of expanding new borders in an increasingly globalised market.
Through papers, panels, posters, and round-table discussions, we hope to investigate these issues and to be able to promote new perspectives. We are inviting presentations reflecting the developments of our rapidly changing times within the scope of the themes listed below, and with a focus on AVT and media accessibility:
1. Language transfer on screen: dubbing, interpreting, narration, opera and theatre surtitling, subtitling, voice-over, localisation, fandubbing, fansubbing
2. Media access / cultural access: subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, live subtitling, respeaking, audio description, audio subtitling, sign language interpreting
3. Innovation and new technologies: formats, platforms, 3D
4. AVT and social media
5. AVT in the global market: production and distribution, new trends, tools, needs, project management
6. Professional practice and ethics: labour market, working conditions, standardisation and harmonisation, productivity, costs, professional organisations, intellectual property rights, crowdsourcing
7. History of AVT
8. Quality standards and quality assurance
9. Literacy and language learning/acquisition
10. AVT research
11. Reception research and audience needs, broadcasting for minority audiences
12. Censorship and manipulation
13. AVT training: curricula, new needs, standards, didactics and skills
14. AVT status and development in Central and Eastern Europe
Papers are allotted 20-minute slots to be followed by a 10-minute discussion (30 minutes in total). Proposals for papers should be presented on the abstract proposal form, which can be downloaded from the conference website.
Abstracts of 250-350 words should be sent to Kristijan Nikolić by 15th January 2013 at email@example.com
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 20th February 2013.
The 2 day conference, 26-27 September 2013, will take place at Palace Hotel Dubrovnik.
The workshops will be held at the same hotel, on 25 September 2013.
A selection of the papers presented at the conference will be published by the organising committee.
Deadline for sending proposals: 15th January 2013
Notification of acceptance: 20th February 2013
Early-bird registration: Until 1st July 2013
© Copyright 2014 - All Rights Reserved
Icons by http://www.fatcow.com/free-icons