The Translator’s Week is a scientific meeting held annually since 1980 and gathers translation scholars, professionals and students with the purpose of fostering the dialogue and exchange of experiences between those dedicated to translation studies. Seeking to expand the dialogue internationally, we will simultaneously hold the 1st International Translation Symposium (SIT), which will bring together translation scholars and professionals from around the world.
We welcome presentations on the following research fields:
• Translation, Culture, Identity;
• Historiography of Translation;
• Lexicology and Lexicography;
• Terminology and Terminography;
• Professional Translation Practice;
• Translation, Technologies and Corpora;
• Translation Theory and Criticism;
• Translation Training;
• Translation and Literature.
We accept proposals – ongoing or concluded research – as individual presentation. The instructions for submitting the proposals will be announced shortly along with the webpage address of the event.
Abstracts may be submitted from March 1 to April 15, 2014 and the acceptance letters will be forwarded by May 31.
The official languages of the event are Portuguese, Spanish, English, Italian and French.