Applications will be reviewed and decisions made twice a year, with deadlines of May 31 and November 30 of each year. We expect workshops to be held within the following six months to a year after the deadline.
Conditions of funding:
- The organizers must be members of IATIS at the time of application.
- The organizers must prominently display IATIS name and logo in all promotional materials.
- The organizers must introduce the work of IATIS at the workshop and encourage participants to become members.
- Any book proposals arising from the workshop should be first sent to Routledge. Proposals may be sent to other publishers only after Routledge have had opportunity for first refusal.
- The organizers must submit a full report of their workshop within 6 weeks of the end of the workshop. This report will be posted on the IATIS website.
Applications for funding along with a concept note for the workshop can be sent to any member of the Regional Workshops Committee with the following information:
- Theme: a broad-based theme relating to translation studies and a statement on how the theme is relevant to the region.
- Format: Please state what kind of format you think will be most suitable to explore your workshop theme (please regional workshops home page for more details).
- Dates: When is the workshop planned? Please note that the workshop should be held within approximately 6-12 months after the advertised closing date.
- Funding: Why the organizers need this funding? How will it be spent?
- Future Plans: A statement on plans to sustain and develop the network the organizers create during the workshop.
Next closing date: November 30, 2018 (for workshops planned for 2019)