The conference theme encompasses the following areas:
- The role of translation in the dialogue of civilizations: clash or harmony
- Translation and cultural diversity/plurality, pros and cons
- The translator and the flood of electronic data and terminology: How to keep pace with and translate adequately.
- The role of the translator in post-colonialism and globalization : Attitudes/ Positions towards manifestations of the other’s failure to digest the local culture
- Translation theory:
- Have the Arabs succeeded yet in formulating a translation theory?
- The reality of the teaching of translation and Arabicization in the related Arab institutions (Universities, Arabic Academies and Translation Coordination Offices)
- Prominent figures in translation and their contributions
- Salma Al-Jayyusi and her academic project PROTA
- Kulthum Odeh and her role in translating Russian literatures
- Jabra Ibrahim Jabra and his role in translating English and Arabic literatures
- Khairy Hammad and his contributions in the field of translation
- Bandali Jose and his contributions in the field of translation
- Papers should not exceed 5000 words (including margins and references).
-Typing: Microsoft office word, Font: Simplified Arabic, Font size: 14
- Abstracts should not exceed 150 words.
- Participants are requested to submit a biodata.
-Languages in the conference are Arabic, English.
- The closing date for submission of abstracts is 15 April ,2012 and the organizing committee will reply to participants no later than 1 May, 2012.
- The closing date for submission of papers is 30 June, 2012 and replies from the committee will be sent by 10 July, 2012.
For details, visit the university website: http://www.najah.edu
Cell phone: +970599168161
Venue: Old Campus of An-Najah National University, Nablus -Palestine