CALL NOW CLOSED
IATIS invites applications for financial support to attend its 4th Conference in Belfast, UK, from intending participants who meet the following criteria:
1. you must be a current member of IATIS (with valid Band 4 membership for the year 2011)
2. you must reside and work or study in a Band 4 country (and, if working, have a normal salary by that country's standards)
3. you must have submitted an abstract of 450 to 500 words to the general conference or to one of the conference panels by 19 September 2011, using the normal link for abstract submission
- your abstract and an indication of whether it has been sent to the general conference or a panel (and if the latter, which one)
- a statement of motivation (max. 200 words) stating, for example, why you wish to attend IATIS 2012, how it will benefit your own development/career, how it will benefit your university department (if appropriate)
- the names and contact details of two academic referees
- a statement of circumstances (max. 150 words), stating what other financial assistance is available to you
Successful applicants will receive a bursary to cover all or some of their costs (depending on their circumstances) for flights, accommodation and full conference registration fees. Flights, etc, will be booked and paid for by
the conference secretariat in Belfast.
Successful applicants will be asked to write a report on their attendance at the IATIS conference for the IATIS Bulletin.
There is a very limited number of bursaries available, and applications from people who are not IATIS members from Band 4 countries will not be entertained.
Only applicants whose abstracts are accepted by the general conference or a conference panel will be eligible for financial assistance.